It is estimated that in 2017:
- 103,100 Canadian men will be diagnosed with cancer and 42,600 men will die from cancer.
- 103,200 Canadian women will be diagnosed with cancer and 38,200 women will die from cancer.
- On average, 565 Canadians will be diagnosed with cancer every day.
- On average, 221 Canadians will die from cancer every day.
Lung, breast, colorectal and prostate cancer are the most common types of cancer in Canada (excluding non-melanoma skin cancer). Based on 2017 estimates:
- These cancers account for half (50%) of all new cancer cases.
- Prostate cancer accounts for about one-fifth (21%) of all new cancer cases in men.
- Lung cancer accounts for 14% of all new cases of cancer.
- Breast cancer accounts for about one-quarter (25%) of all new cancer cases in women.
- Colorectal cancer accounts for 13% of all new cancer cases.
Read more: http://www.cancer.ca/en/cancer-information/cancer-101/cancer-statistics-at-a-glance/?region=on#ixzz5DL7eoLJ6
Composed by Bill Goldie
Lyrics by Steve Hutchinson
Special thanks to
Bruce Fleisher on Keys
Mike Duncan on Bass
Lance Mapplebeck on Drums
CD cover by DavidWLove
Fight the Endless Fight
I got the news this morning About my state of decline
I never thought it would happen Always thought that I would be just fine
A Cancer it breaths inside me, and there is nowhere left to hide
The thought of death is terrifying, can I beat the odds if I have to
Fight, for my life, Fight for the right to stay alive, Fight, for my life the end is near and I can see the light in my eyes
Inside my heart is beating, breathing starts to slow
One more round of chemo is so defeating, tumours are real as they start to grow
I say my last goodbyes as all my family starts to show
They line up outside my door, when I know they just want to go as I
Fight for my life, Fight for the right to stay alive, Fight for my life the end is near and I can see the light in my eyes
I can see them staring at me, as the cars drive by real slow
It feels like I left my body, as I can only feel my soul
They carry me down the highway, I know this is my final show
I’ve lost my will to survive, Guess I just wasn’t strong enough to
Fight for my life, Fight for the right to stay alive, Fight for my life. The end is here and I can head into the light.